Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"Fospice"

          The idea of fospice has somehow grabbed my attention.  Brought to me by my friend's AP tutor, apparently "fospicers" are foster parents that don't take the healthy, adoptable pets from their shelters.  Instead, they take old and dying pets.  They give them comfort.  They let them die in love and peace.  Fospicers know that their charges will never be adopted, but they rescue and take care of them for months anyway.
          Recently, my mother and I have been discussing fospicing as a possibility next year.  Since I will be going to university in 17 months, I don't have time to adopt a puppy or even middle-aged pet.  The rescue I predominantly work with seems to not have as many older pets as others, so I might have to spread my wings and fly into a different shelter, which slightly scares me, just because I am so comfortable fostering with Wags.
          My new foster dog should arrive in a few days or so, just in time for my AP English Language test! Yay!  Those things should balance each other out though.  Hopefully it's potty trained because if I come back from a 6 hour test and have to clean poop off of my ceiling I'll have a breakdown.

I've decided to add an unrelated, adorable awwwww picture of an animal at the end of every post.
Have a cute goat!  I think it's a goat but I'm not sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment